Making Your Samples Count
Your results are only as representative as your sample!
- Decide the boundary of your field.
- Consider using an aerial photo or yield map.
- Divide the field based on similar characteristic areas, no larger than 10 acres.
- Consider elevation, past yield, and application logistics.
- Pull samples using a probe 6 inches deep for crop land, 4 inches for pasture.
- Pull 12-15 plugs in a criss-cross pattern throughout the representative area.
- Place the plugs into a bag. Label your bag with your name, field name, and sample name & number on each bag.
- Keep a copy of your sample names and locations for your records.
- Ship or deliver your samples to PAL and receive your results in 3-4 business days.